krachmaninoff-a rainy day krachmaninoff-a rainy day

Wow

This is really well done. Even though it's in a garage it maintains a vintage sound to it as if it was a live venue in the 60s.

Light and Dark Pt. 9 Light and Dark Pt. 9

Nice piece but...

Those atrings aren't real. Great work on the overall piano playing and orchestration. Just please stop telling people you have an orchestra. Trust me, it won't get you far.

TommyUlysesGrant responds:

Thanks for the review. :)

CKC - In The Night CKC - In The Night

Not bad

For the equipment you seem to have sample wise, it's not bad. It acheives it's own sound, and the orchestra almost gives it a Moby quality to it. Not sure if I would call this hip-hop by itself, but hip-hop influenced. Lyrics over it would obviously change that. NG genres are iffy anyway.

CKC2009 responds:

meh.. this aint sampled

all ym songs are original man

but i get ya

thanks

Toccata Toccata

Great

This is great. You had the fortunate honor to have a good group of instrumentalists play your music, that's hard to find sometimes.

Due to the 8 piece orchestration, it has a Final Fantasy feel to it. Especially in the way it was engineered. The writing overall had some various feelings in it that make me feel the same. At times it goes back to a more classical vibe.

The strings are REALLY good. Those guys actually know their vibrato.

Excellent writing job. Not sure if I could've done anything close to this complex, but who knows.

robomanus responds:

Thank you for good words. The instrumentalists were my friends from music school and yeah, they are professional. I hope that I will record more pieces with them. Thx for review :D

Surge of Emotions Surge of Emotions

Aha!

I see you've found the usefulness of combining ensemble strings with solo strings. Suggestion: Lower the volume of the solo strings so it mixes well with the ensemble, and boost the 10k hert freq of the ensemble strings a bit to give it that "silver" feeling.

Benesh responds:

Hey thanks !
I have barly no idea about mixing and mastering - so thanks for the hint !

[=S-16=] Eternal Flame [=S-16=] Eternal Flame

This is Great

I love the almost dangerous sound to this. But curious as to while you uploaded to this genre. My only comment is it lacks a bit of thickness in the lower mid end.

What kits did you use for those drums in the intro?

prelude for dusk prelude for dusk

Neat

A bit repetative but I overall like the unique creepy feel you have here. Nice chord progression and inversions (what notes in the bass from the chord)

oddfellowfloyd responds:

thank you for the words, mate! (yes, i'm familiar with inversions and chords)

i wished the piece to be repetitive, to solidify the theme, but use subtler elements, like sound effects, and slightly building the momentum in the piano and bass and drumms to add to the dreamy, dissociative state of the composition, as a whole, rather than come in with new bits of music. i happen to like some very repetitive music, but even though it SOUNDS repetitive, they add touchees of things here and there, to give the piece depth and breadth, so you don't mind that something is being played over and over again.

i do this because i like the feeling of closing my eyes, and losing myself in the music, almost so much so that i forget how many times i've heard something, and each new time is a sparkley, Sublime experience.

hehe

peace,
~ justin

Ambience400 Ambience400

Likedy

I liked this. Has a nice chord progression and mood.

For Those... For Those...

Great Piece

Well, done simplistic piano piece, but it needs some engineering. Preferably long reverb trails.

timid girl timid girl

Almost Town'ish music

This really well done. Uplifting tune, good engineering, good VI's, overall just well done.